We’re not the type to spend a day there, much less several, by choice. After five and a half hours we were tired and ready to head back home. But we did accomplish everything on our State Fair “to do” list:
- Check out the Iowa State University exhibit.
- Check out the 4-H exhibits.
- See the Butter Cow! (And this year only, the Butter Star Trek original series crew and the Butter Starship Enterprise!)
- See some real animals.
- Drink an overpriced beer.
- Try a new fair food.
- Eat a favorite fair food.
- Listen to music at various free concert venues.
- Look at antique tractors.
- Look at more antique tractors.
- Eat another favorite fair food.
- Look at lawn mowers, farm equipment, and hot tubs en route from one fair building to another.
- Get tired and go home.
Just because I’m not much of a fairgoer, don’t let that stop you. Enjoy whatever fair you enjoy — and fair thee well!